We spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Besides being used for personal hygiene, it’s also a place to get some rest. Just think about a long day at work or coming home from a trip. First, you think of taking a warm shower in your bathtub. You can choose the style and colours that make you happy in a bathroom. This makes the bathroom more comfortable and relaxing for you to be in. You can get many benefits from renovating your bathroom, like making your home more valuable, getting rid of clutter, and making it a more peaceful place.
Five Reasons Why Bathroom Renovation Is Critical
- Increase the value of your home. A small renovation includes replacing the tub, tile surround, floor, toilet, sink, vanity, and fixtures, then applying a new coat of paint to the walls. While renovating, keep in mind the current colour and decorating trends and whether they will retain their value in the future.
- Eliminate clutter. It’s a necessity, and by renovating it, you can expand storage capacity thanks to the innovative designs available in today’s cabinetry.
- Save now. You can’t say, “Spend now to save money for tomorrow.” Undoubtedly, updating old fixtures now will cut down on the chances of broken pipes, water damage, and more.
- Less bathroom space. If your bathroom looks small, like there’s no more room for another one, you should think about renovating it. It’s all you need to do is call NYCO Renovation. We take care of many things for both you and us.
- Perfect Color Makes The Bathroom Better. We think light or neutral colours are better for making your home look better. Changing the colour scheme can make the room look bigger and more relaxing.
4 Things You Don’t Want To Do When You Renovate Your Bathroom
- There isn’t a clear plan – The project plan is everything, so make sure it’s done before starting.
- Making the Wrong Choices – Getting your bathroom renovation isn’t something you do every day, so try to pick good materials even if they are a little more expensive.
- Being unrealistic about your money – Don’t wait for a fairy tale outcome without much money to back it up.
- Mistakes that aren’t very big – Give up and enjoy the beautiful things. This will make you not like anything at all, in the end, so don’t bother.
Important Factors To Consider When Hiring Bathroom Renovation Contractor
- Acquire Recommendations
Word of mouth is the most effective promotion a business can do, and it is free. People notice minor details regarding how a project was accomplished, and they may provide their honest opinion and overall views. If you have acquaintances who are also homeowners, the chances are that someone has renovated their property at some point. Inquire who they hired, if they were satisfied with the work completed, whether it was completed on schedule, and so on.
- Arrange a Meeting
After further narrowing the list through phone calls, you should arrange for a meeting with the potentials in your home. This allows them to see your house and allows you to meet the contractors in person. If they are late for the meeting or postpone it numerous times, this allows you to assess them before committing to a contractor. Additionally, you may inquire about their licences and registrations to ensure they are current.
- Plan and Communicate
The proper contractor will review all of your renovation ideas. They will inquire about the materials and finishes used. This is also the time to solicit bids or final estimates if you have not restricted your search to a single contractor.
- Set up a Regular Payment Schedule
Once you’ve signed a contract for completion, you should take some time to discuss payment with your contractor. This is not a minor investment, and you want to ensure that your expectations for how and when you will make payments align with those of your contractor. They may want 50% upfront and the remainder upon completion, or they may require installment payments along the way. In any case, it is critical to ensure that everyone engaged is on the same page.
- Avoid Being Cheap
After calling about, you will discover that some contractors provide much cheaper bids or charges than others. If one is much less expensive than others with the same schedule, it may be an enticing alternative, but ask yourself why. They may lack the necessary licences or registrations or take shortcuts concerning building codes or installation. Quality labour and appropriate installation will not come cheap, so be prepared to pay for it.
- Confirm it in Writing
If you have reached an agreement with which you are comfortable, obtain a written copy of the agreement. This includes the total cost, a breakdown of costs by components such as labour and materials, and a timeline. Additionally, it may be beneficial to note any laws or regulations regarding penalties for late deliveries. While a contractor who is not on the up and up may cringe at the prospect of a late payment penalty, the majority will be understanding. Avoid being too rigid with this since certain surprises may arise that are just unanticipated and may cause delays in the timeframe or budget, or both.
In general, choosing a contractor to perform your bathroom renovation will save you a great deal of time and effort and will result in a bathroom that you can proudly show off to all of your friends and family.
< Previous | Home | Next >