Job Title: Junior Renovation Estimator
The Renovation Estimator will report directly to the Project Manager. The Estimator will be responsible for the accurate, cost effective and timely preparation of full-cost estimates for potential renovation projects. The incumbent must be able to prepare accurate estimates, establish and build relationships internally and externally within the industry and identify opportunities for growth. The Estimator must be flexible to take on new tasks as needed and consistently work towards the mission, goal and values of the organization. The Estimator must possess strong customer service and analytical skills, be willing to operate in high stress environments and possess the ability to balance both social and economic goals of the business.
- Negotiate and secure contracts and provide high quality timely estimates, identifying lab or material, overhead and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Project Coordinator, resolve discrepancies in deliverables between the organization and the client.
- Engage with sub trades, engineers, architects, designers, municipalities, clients and/or other relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables will be met.
- Leverage our software “Buildertrend” to provide high quality, professional estimates.
- Develop project scopes, objectives, and takeoffs involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Responsible for submitting construction tenders with approvals from Project Manager.
- Determine accurate scheduling, prepare project progress schedules.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and onsite staff to ensure awarded projects are prepared and organized for project execution ahead of the start date.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders to determine all associated costs within the scope of work.
- Maintain a detailed log of all subcontractors suppliers and client touchpoints in the company CRM system “Buildertrend”.
- Continuously update unit costs, labor rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Engage in business development by generating leads, developing customer relationships and closing negotiations to help further drive the revenue growth of the business.
- Attend site visits and complete walkthroughs with potential clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Estimating: 2+ years experience
- Ability to read and understand working drawings, shop drawing and scopes of work.
- Thorough understanding of building principles and basic building code requirements
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary for job cost reports
- Excellent communication (oral and written), time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong technology and software skills
- Flexibility and adaptability with a growing and changing company.
- Proficient user of Excel, Google sheets
The ideal candidate is self motivated, goal oriented and able to manage priorities. They will be focused on performance and supporting the company’s values.